FOR THOSE ABOUT TO COOK… WE SALUTE YOU!
In 2019, FONZ-FM continues our efforts to support arts in the community through a number of initiatives. One of the most exciting projects, our 2019 Rock & Roll Cook Book/Activity Book, will include artwork from local children while raising funds for MPS arts programs.
With more than 150 pages, our activity cook book will feature puzzles, activities and over 100 recipes from and inspired by a variety of performers such as David Bowie, Elle King, Beyonce, Dolly Parton, Patti Labelle, Elvis and others. Most importantly, this unique cook/activity book will feature artwork created by Milwaukee area children! Children can create and submit artwork of or inspired by their favorite musicians or bands.
Beginning in October, these limited edition books will be available online, at local retailers and at FONZ-FM events.
In addition to general music themed art, we hope to see art depicting such performers as Elvis, Jame Brown, Johnny Cash, Guns N Roses, Tina Turner, Ariana Grande, BB King, Red Hot Chili Peppers, B52s, Childish Gambino, Snoop Dogg, Madonna, Bruno Mars, Pink, Backstreet Boys, Prince, Blondie, Iggy Pop, Dolly Parton, The Ramones, Beyonce, Jay Z, The Rolling Stones, U2, Green Day, Culture Club, Etta James, Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, Dean Martin, Alicia Keys, and many others.
The deadline to submit artwork is September 2, 2019.
Featured Art & Submission Guidelines
- All art should be submitted to FONZ-FM no later than September 2, 2019
- All children up to 18 years old are encouraged to submit their drawings (Color or black and white).
- Submissions should contain the student’s first name, age and title of the art
- Submissions should contain the parent/guardian’s full name and email
You can submit artwork in any of the following manners:
- Giving it to any of our station personnel at one of our events.
- Mail it or drop off art at to our offices – MRA, N72W12922 Good Hope Rd, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
- Scan and email art to firstname.lastname@example.org